Monday, June 6, 2011

A month of ScrapBursts!


On the 1st day of every month Scrapville releases a jam-packed Monthly Pack full of all kinds of scrumptious goodies to play with. However, for the month of June, Janet decided to do something a little different...

Each week a new ScrapBurst (a ScrapBurst is a spontaneous challenge) will be posted on the blog for everyone to use as inspiration to create their own LO. Even though there will be a total of 4 challenges, the deadline isn't until 30th June and that means you have a whole month to create all 4 layouts. There are some great prizes up for grabs for each weekly challenge and the winners will be announced 5th July. Make sure you hop on over to the Scrapville blog to check it out.

I was fortunate enough to be asked to come up with the Scrapburst for Week 1 ...and this is what I came up with...
I had been meaning to do a LO using the pattern and design of the shampoo and conditioner bottles we have in the shower but there never seemed to be enough time to do it with everything else that has to be done... so I took the challenge Janet had set and FINALLY managed to create a LO. The more I look around me at everyday items the more I gain inspiration from everyday items to scrap.
Here's the LO...

I used my Cricut Expression to cut the flourishes, letter and shapes and used Stampin' Up stamps and inks to create the subtle tone-on-tone background beneath the flourishes and to ink the edges of the flourishes for a little added depth.
Here's some close-ups...


Add some pearl bling...

I was pretty happy with how it all turned out and will definitely keep a notepad and pen with me to jot down all those everyday inspirations that sometimes get forgotten in the rush and bustle of life.

Until next time,
Happy Scrappin'

Sal
xox

No comments: