Monday, February 28, 2011

Randomness

No pics tonight!!!
I was lucky enough to have a weekend away srcappin' with some friends and must say that even though I didn't produce a lot (I NEVER do!!!) what I did get done I was very happy with. Quality not quantity right?!.
The plan this morning BEFORE I left for work was to come home from work, take pics of said LO's and post them for all to see. Alas, at some stage in my busy day I came up with the brainwave (yeah right!!! more like a moment of insanity) that I would finish 'renovating' the dining room wall that I had begun about 3 yrs ago. At the time, once I had stripped about half the wallpaper from the wall, I realised that the 100+yr old plaster beneath was in extremely bad condition and wasn't fit for painting. As a temporary fix I attached some fabric to the wall until Boyd the Builder (aka hubby) got around to re-plastering for me. I should have realised my delusional state at the time of thinking such a crazy thing would happen as Boyd the Builder has had a very serious case of White Line Fever (driving a B-double) and is rarely home long enough to do anything.

So...after a longer than usual day at work I came home and got the ladder out and got stuck into the wall. The result...a totally wallpaper stripped wall, a large portion of paint stripped wall and a HUGE mess. Tomorrow will be doing the final paint stripping and then the plaster top coat to fill the 'wrinkles' in preparation for the paint. Once it is all done it will look 1000% compared to when we moved in 8yrs ago and will be the perfect backdrop for the large collage frame I am in the process of putting together in memory of our 6 week road trip in the USA last May-June. But for now I have aching shoulders from all the paint and wallpaper scraping and am in need of a nice warm shower.

Check in tomorrow for the update and hopefully I will have had a chance to take some pics of both the progress on the wall and some LO's to show you.

Cheers,
Sal xox

No comments: