Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flowers galore!

I thought I would show you the other 2 cards I made from the bits and pieces left over from the March Monthly Pack from Scrapville. I created my LO's first and still had heaps of stuff left over so played around with it and was able to make 3 cards from 1 piece of 12x12 cardstock.

In my a post I showed you card 1 and now here is card 2:

A close up of the dictionary paper flower


I made the flower by tearing 7 circles from the paper in different sizes. I roughed up the edges of each circle, gave them a little bit of Glimmer Mist and layered them from largest to smallest. Finally I tied them all together with some of the bakers twine in the pack. I was pretty pleased with myself and will definitely be doing a few more of these beauties.

Card 3...Creating more flowers!!!
I used the bakers twine to create a leaf and stem. I stamped a sentiment and cut it into separate pieces before inking the edges and mounting it up for a bit of depth.
The card...
A close up of the mulberry paper flower.

Mulberry paper is such a soft and whispy paper that looks great distressed and crumpled! I really should use it a whole lot more than I do!

Hope you liked my little creations,

Sal xox

No comments: