Monday, May 14, 2012

bIRTHDAY bOY...

...My youngest boy turned 16 on Saturday and I thought I would share the card I whipped up for him.
He is our dare-devil child and always wants to be on-the-go.  I found the perfect paper and embellishments in my stash and it all came together quite nicely.



 I inked a chip alpha, doodled around the edges and attached a skateboard dangle charm.


He says he is a 'legend' so I cut the word from the patterned paper and attached it to the card, folded  the corner of the paper and held it in place with a brad. 


This is the card opened.  I put a lift-up flap on the middle section to reveal a message, 
with a turn mount to hold it closed, and a small envelope on the right section to hold a gift certificate, once again using a turn mount to hold it closed.


As there were more than 2 little surprises for him, I also made a pocket for the back section of the card to hold yet another little 'gift message'.


I think he was very happy with the card, as well as the gifts, as he put it in a very prominent place in his bedroom for all his mates to see!!!


Happy Crafting,


Sal xox

3 comments:

Claire said...

You've put such a huge amount of work into that card Sally - looks fantastic and a great way to give a gift!

Sal said...

Thanks Claire...actually it was one of the quickest cards I have made for a very long time. Might have to do a quick tutorial???

Claire said...

Sounds good!