Thursday, October 20, 2011

AT LAST!!!

Finally I have managed to sort out all of the dramas connected with the computer break-down.

So much has happened since my last post.
September saw a number of very excited ladies attend the 2nd Annual Scrapville Retreat.  The retreat provided a wonderful  4 days of much needed down-time for me and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute!  I met some lovely ladies AND learnt some new things!  My goal for this year's retreat was to  make all my Christmas cards.  I am very pleased to say that I DID IT!!!  I have NEVER achieved so much at any of the retreats I have ever attended.  I'm pretty proud of myself for that little effort (or not so little effort as I made 50 Christmas cards) 

This picture was taken at retreat by one of my new friends, Laity.  She was amazed that I was prepared to cut off my long, curly 'mane' to raise money for the Leukaemia Foundations World's Greatest Shave.
 

My son took this photo the night before the shave took place.  I hadn't realised how long my hair had actually grown!

And now for the big reveal...
This is the new me after the shave!
When I first registered for World's Greatest Shave I really wanted to raise $5000.00 but thought it was a very unrealistic goal so I reduced it to a much more realistic $3000.00.  I was amazed that with still a month to go before the event I had reached almost $3000 so I amended my goal to $5000 which I still thought was high but almost achievable.  I am very pleased to say that the total amount raised was well over that figure...$5842!!!  What an amazing effort by all those who helped out.


Now we just have to wait for the hair to grow!!!


Sal xox

No comments: